I love to share my favorite beauty products with friends and one of my dear friends, so I’m excited about incorporating this into my blogging. Recommending products is one of my favorite pastimes. To kick off what I hope will be a regular occurrence around here, I’ve decided to share my post-holiday beauty favorites. These are products I either picked up via some of the Christmas sales or that I’ve had for awhile and have found myself using a lot more often around the November/December months. I also love learning about other peoples’ favorite things. It’s how I find new products. Every season I find myself enamored with different products. Here are a few of the products I’m absolutely loving lately.
- Tarte, “Lights, Camera, Lashes” mascara – This mascara has been a game changer for me. I can’t wear mascaras that have parabens and other fillers, which pretty much rules out most mainstream brands — drug store included. I’ve never received as many compliments on my lashes as I do when I wear this stuff. It’s just an all around great mascara – lengthens, separates, somewhat volumizes, and it looks very natural. Also, it’s paraben-free and although not all natural, it has more natural ingredients than the more high end mascaras so I don’t spend the entire day rubbing my water eyes.
- Mac, “Ruby Woo” lipstick – this is a pretty iconic lipstick that so many people have discussed on the Internets. Short and sweet – it’s a matte formula which is what I prefer for a red lip as it’s far less showy and it’s also less likely to feather. Downside to this is it’s Mac’s retro-matte formula which is super drying and I can only wear this lipstick once or twice a week max as it does a number on my lips. Though I can’t stress that this is the absolute perfect holiday red.
- Urban Decay, “24/7 Lip Liner” in 69 – this is a true red that matches up great with Ruby Woo. It also is the longest lasting lipliner I’ve ever used. I can swatch it on my hand and it’ll be there 8 hours later.
- Bite Beauty, “Matte Creme Lip Crayon” in Aubergine – In a word, phenomenal. My new favorite matte formula. Super moisturizing, long wearing, and best of all made of food grade ingredients so it’s all natural. Aubergine is a beautiful eggplant color and it was a perfect go to for fall and I plan to use it until spring! Note: the one in the photo is a mini I got for $12 which was a holiday special from Sephora.
- Bite Beauty, “High Pigment Lip Pencil Set“ – This set was a black Friday special, but you can still buy individual high pigment lip pencil. These basically act just like lipsticks and give great color. All natural food grade ingredients.
- Elizabeth & James, “Nirvana White” Eau de Parfum – We’re going to just ignore that this line is from Mary Kate & Ashley Olsen, because I’m not sure why, but it bugs me. But this fragrance is awesome. Fragrances are very subjective so some people may hate it. I’m terrible at describing scents, but it’s described as “a captivating blend of delicate peony, chic muguet, and tender musk for a feminine scent with dark sophistication.” It reminds me a lot of White Camellia by St. John.
- Josie Maran, “Argan Infinity Creamy Oil“ – This stuff is a fantastic moisturizer. I mostly use it at night and slather it on since it’s not the best moisturizer to wear under face makeup. I wake up in the morning and my skin feels great. It’s also great for hands, feed, elbows, you name it.
- Urban Decay, “Naked Weightless Ultra Definition Liquid Makeup“ in shade #9 — This is a great medium to light coverage foundation that comes in a great shade range of 0.5 – 12.0. Also paraben-free.
- Buxom “True Hue Blush” in Shangri-La-La – These blushes are super pigmented and I can’t believe I don’t hear more people talk about them. Shangri-La-La is a toasted berry and a great pop of color for us brown girls as well.
- Tarte, “Smooth Operator Amazonian Clay Finishing Powder“ – This is my favorite high definition transluscent mattifying powder. Makes the skin look flawless. Also great for setting concealer.